Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Two endorsements for Newt, one in Iowa and one in Georgia

Yesterday, Iowa State Reprensative Joshua Byrnes (you can follow him on Twitter here) endorsed Newt.

Today, a staunch Rick Perry supporter in Georgia -- the Atlanta Journal-Constitution said he may have been Perry's "most ardent supporter" in Georgia -- endorsed Newt. John Douglas, who was a state senator, wrote on Facebook:
“After very careful consideration and lengthy discussions with many key supporters, I am leaving the Perry camp, effective immediately. I no longer see a path to victory for him and have had great difficulties dealing with his staff.

“I still like many of his policies and would have no problem voting for him if he is our nominee. Now I am endorsing Newt Gingrich for President and will spend time in the near future explaining that move. Suffice it to say tonight that Newt champions the culture war I believe in fighting and he is a brilliant, very well-spoken man. I am pleased to endorse him for President.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

This page is not affiliated with any political campaign or party.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP