Thursday, June 23, 2011

Interesting quote from Matt Towery

Towery, whose history with Newt dates back a long time (though they have not worked together for several years), wrote this in his most recent column:
I never underestimate Gingrich when he is determined, and I saw that look in his eyes at the recent press conference.
I can't speak to that, but while all the headlines the last two days have been about, to me, pretty meaningless things, two pieces of news that have been under the radar have made me very optimistic about the future of the campaign:

1) As I wrote Tuesday, it was said of Newt that he "spends the majority of his awake time on the phone with potential donors." The importance of that cannot be understated. And while it may not be reflected in the upcoming campaign finance reports, it should show up in the third and fourth quarters of this year.

2) Twelve days in Iowa during July. The state is very much up for grabs, and Newt looks to be making a big play for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This page is not affiliated with any political campaign or party.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP