Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Two Georgia U.S. House members would be Newt supporters

Last week, Jack Kingston (R-GA) announced that should Gingrich run for President, that he would support Newt. Today, Phil Gingrey, another Georgia Republican and whose district is very similar to the one Newt represented in Congress, said he would be behind a Gingrich run.

"There are folks all throughout my district who are still endeared to Newt," Gingrey said. "I don’t think there’s any doubt in my mind that Newt would win Georgia [in the primaries]."

Gingrey: "I really hope he does [run]. He's got bold ideas that will bring, I think, meaningful changes and get us back on the right track.”

Kingston said last week that "I think he would be viewed very favorably by the Georgia delegation and would probably get our support very quickly. I certainly would support him."

No comments:

Post a Comment

This page is not affiliated with any political campaign or party.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP